The Tec Trimix Instructor course with Oceandivers
Who should take this course?
Becoming a Tec Trimix Diver takes you to the outer edge of technical diving. Earning the Tec Trimix Instructor rating makes you the person who trains these extreme divers. It’s a respected tec diving instructor certification that few achieve. If you’ve got the experience and are up for the challenge, then it could be your next step. As a Tec Trimix Instructor you can teach the full range of deep open-circuit tec diving courses, including Tec Trimix 65 and Tec Trimix Diver.
To enroll in a Tec Trimix Instructor course, you must:
- Be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor, or have completed the PADI Tec Deep Instructor training course
- Be a PADI Tec Trimix Diver
- Have a minimum of 200 logged dives, with 20 tec decompression dives of which at least 10 dives were deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix.
Prior to sending in your Tec Trimix Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor
- Have assisted with at least one Tec Trimix Diver course
- Have a minimum of 350 logged dives, with 50 decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet of which 30 dives must be deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix and 10 dives deeper than 50 metres/165 feet using trimix with less than 21 percent oxygen.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Trimix Instructor course exams
What will you learn?
You begin your training by reviewing the Tec Trimix course content and practical skills. Then, you complete multiple practice teaching scenarios in the classroom and in the water to ensure you know how to cover all the materials, organize skill practice and control open water dives.
Become a Tec Trimix Instructor:
- Enroll in a Tec Trimix Instructor course at Oceandivers
- Visit the PADI TecRec Blog.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.